We have posted a few of the recipes we use all the time, and this time I am sharing my grandmother easy breadsticks recipe with you all.
- mixing bowl
- sheet pans
- measuring utensils
- 1.5 cups warm water
- 1 tbsp yeast
- 4 cups flower
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tbsp salt
- .5 cup butter melted
- 3 tsp garlic granulated or powder
- 1.5 tsp salt
- In a large bowl, dissolve sugar and yeast in warm water and allow to sit for 10 minutes to activate yeast.
- Add flour, salt, and butter to yeast mixture. Mix with until fully combined.
- Knead dough until dough is smooth in consistency.
- Set dough in bowl to rise until doubled.
- Once doubled, punch down dough and separate into your breadsticks. Or knots or whatever shape you want and place on sprayed/lined baking sheets and let rise till doubled.
- While breadsticks are rising the second time, preheat oven to 400.
- Place the cookie sheet in oven and bake breadsticks for 6-7 minutes.
- While cooking mix together the topping ingredients.
- Remove from oven after 7 mins, brush on topping, about half of it, and replace back in oven for another 6-7 mins.
- After removing breadsticks from oven, brush the remaining toppin mix on the breadsticks.