Who else loves fresh bread? The smell, the taste, fresh bread is always a welcome side to dinner in our house. Today I will share with you our Easy Dinner Roll recipe.
Easy Dinner Rolls
- 2 Mixing bowls
- Measuring utisils
- Clean kitchen towel
- Large fork
- 1 Cup Warm Water
- 2 Tbs Yeast Active Dry
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/3 cup Oil Any will do, but we recomend Olive Oil
- 1 Egg Slightly beaten
- 3 1/2 Cups Flower
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
Proof the yeast
- In a mixing bowl, add the warm water and the yeast. Stir until mixed and let sit until yeast is proofed (activated).
Adding the other ingredients
- Once the yeast is proofed, about 5-15 minutes, add the sugar, the egg, and the oil. Mix well.
- Next, add 2 cups of flour and mix. Once mixed add the salt and the remaining cup and half of flour and mix until dough is formed.
Rising the dough
- place the dough into another clean and slightly oiled bowl, cover and let rise until doubled (about 10-20 minutes).
- Once the dough has doubled, punch the dough down and shape it into 12 rolls and place in a 9×13 pan.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Let them rise until about doubled in size, another 10-20 minutes.
- Once rolls have doubled in size, place in a preheated oven, 350 degrees, for about 9-11 minutes, or until rolls have cooked and tops are golden brown.
- Let cool, and eat!