Here is another easy bread recipe for you, French Bread. We love this recipe in our house, the bread never lasts long. 😉
Easy French Bread
- Two mixing bowls
- Large fork
- Small bowl
- Sheet Pan
- Baking safe dish
- 1 1/3 Cup Warm Water
- 2 1/2 Tsp Yeast Active Dry
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Egg White Large Egg
- 2 Tsp Water Warm
Activating The Yeast
- In a large mixing bowl, add the warm water, the yeast, and the sugar and mix.
- Wait about 5-10 mins for the yeast to be activated, should look frothy.
- Mix the egg white with the water, set aside until ready to use.
- Take the activated yeast and add half the flour. Mix well.
- Add remaining flour and mix until ball forms.
- Knead the dough for about 5 mins.
- Transfer the dough into another mixing bowl, cover and place it in a warm area until doubled in size, about 10-20 mins.
- Once the dough has doubled, punch it down.
- Roll the dough out flat, about 1/4 inch thick.
- Roll the dough up like you would cinnamon rolls, starting at the wide side.
- Pinch ends shut and place on a lightly greased sheet pan seam side down.
- Heat the oven to 300 degrees.
- In a baking safe dish heat about 3 cups of water to boiling and place in the oven on the lowest rack placement and turn off the oven.
- Take the egg wash you made earlier and brush the bread thoroughly.
- Place bread in the heated oven on the upper shelf with the steaming water beneath it, until the bread doubles in size, about 10-20 mins.
- Remove the bread from the oven and set it on the counter.
- Take the dish of water out of the oven and preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Bake the bread at 425 degrees or 10 mins, then turn the oven down to 375 degrees and bake for another 7 mins, or until the bread is fully cooked and golden brown.