If you are like me and our family, then you use a lot of pie dough for a variety of recipes, and you are in luck as I am sharing my grandmother’s easy pie dough recipe with you all.
Easy Pie Dough
- mixing bowl
- pastry cutter
- measuring utensils
- 1 cup cold butter Replace 1/2 cup butter with 1/2 cup shortening or 1 cup cold margarine, if desired.
- 3.5 cup flower
- 3.5 tbsp sugar
- 1/3 cup cold water
- Combine flour and sugar into the bowl.
- Cut butter into tablespoon pieces and add it to the flour and butter with a pastry cutter until resembles crumbles.
- Stirring the mixture with a fork, pour in the cold water. When the dough starts to clump,when starts to turn into a ball, stop mixing.
- Lightly knead dough in the bowl until it forms a well mixed ball.
- Divide dough into two parts and flatten each part into a disk shape.
- Chill in fridge for at least 45 mins.
This easy pie dough can be used to make a variety of dishes and take almost no time to make.