If you are like us then you have been wanting to get yourself a copy of the official ‘Labyrinth’ board game since it was announced earlier this year, but have had no luck. Well right now ThinkGeek has it in stock and on sale for $49.99.
Now, board game fans can honor Bowie’s memory and their favorite 80’s fantasy puppet opera, with a cooperative board game by Alessio Cavatore. In Jim Henson’s Labyrinth Board Game, you can play as Sarah, Hoggle, Lugo, or Sir Didymus, and work together to rescue baby Toby from the Jareth, the Goblin king.
Cavatore designed the cooperative game for one-to-four players, but a fifth player can act as Jareth himself, and work against the others to keep the baby for himself.
The pieces are beautifully sculpted 3D models of the characters. Gameplay involves 13 turns – one for each hour that Sarah has to find her brother – and an assortment of magical adventures through the labyrinth and then through the castle itself.
Play time runs at roughly an hour. Dancing puppets not included.
- Jim Henson’s Labyrinth Board Game
- Officially-licensed Jim Henson merchandise
- For 1-5 players
- Ages 6+
- Play time: roughly 1 hour
- Mechanic: Area movement, co-operative play, time track, and variable player powers
- 5 highly collectible figurine renditions of the main characters
- 2′ x 2′ game board lavishly illustrated with inspiring new artwork featuring all the legendary places from the movie, including the Oubliette, the Bog of Eternal Stench, the Goblin City and Jareth’s Castle
- 32 Labyrinth cards
- Over 30 game tokens
- 6 polyhedral dice (D4, D6, D8, D10, D12, D20)
- 6 reference cards
- 4 character sheets, 4 Ability cards, and 4 Weakness cards
- 4 card stand-ups: Humongous, Goblin Infantry, Goblin Cavalry, and Goblin Artillery
- Goblin Clock & Clock hand
- Rules Booklet
- Perfect gift for Bowie fans and board gamers alike
Gameplay video below from TheBeastsOfWar