Here is another one of my favorite things to make, a quick an easy pizza dough that can be used to make pizzas, calzones, hand-pies and more.
Easy 5 Ingredient Pizza Dough
- mixing bowl
- 1.5 cups Warm Water
- 1.5 tbsp Yeast
- 4 cups Flower
- 1.5 tsp Salt
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- .5 cup Finely shredded Parmesan Cheese any powdered or finely shredded Parmesan will work and this is purely optional
- In a medium, to large bowl mix warm water and yeast, set aside to proof for about 6-12 mins.
- While that is activating, mix together the flour and salt.
- Once the yeast is activated, kinda frothy looking, mix in the oil and salt, flour and if using parmesan until dough forms.
- Once the dough has formed and is not sticky to the touch set in large bowl and cover for about 40 mins.
- Once the dough has at least doubled, punch it down and either toss/roll to size or freeze until ready to use.
- Makes 2 12 inch pizzas or 4 8 ish inch pizzas
- Can be used to make homemade Hotpockets using your favorite ingredients
- Can be used to make bread sticks
- There are lots you can do with pizza dough just look around or be creative