You read that right. Signups for the closed beta of Pokémon GO are now officially open. Head on over to pokemongo.nianticlabs.com to sign up.
Field Test Information:
Field Test Overview:
The field test will be conducted to improve game features and balance by making a test version of the app available to a limited number of users prior to the product’s launch.
- Confidentiality: To have an element of surprise for our users at public launch, we ask that all field testers refrain from sharing the content of the field test with others through social networks, blogs, video networks and/or other media. Please treat all information as confidential.
- Users residing in the United States, Australia or New Zealand. Android & iOS devices only.
- Android: Version 4.3 and above is required. We currently do not support Intel Atom-based Android devices.
- iPhone: iPhone 5 with iOS 8 and above is required.
- Playability is not guaranteed on all devices.
- If you are selected to participate in the field test, you will need to review and accept the Pokémon GO Terms of Service which is integrated into the Pokémon GO mobile app.
- The field test sign-up period may end without prior notice.
- Field testers will be selected based on a variety of factors which may include OS-types, experience in real world games and an element of luck. Selected participants will receive an email with detailed instructions and requirements.
- Confirmation of successful registration will not be re-issued under any circumstances, including the following: you provided the wrong email address, you inadvertently deleted it, or you lost it after it was processed as a spam mail. Please make sure that you enter a valid email address correctly.
- Test player accounts and game data will not be transferred to the release version. Game progression and data will be wiped multiple times during the course of the field test. Due to the nature of this field test, game data can be erased inadvertently at any time.
- Field testers will receive no premiums or monetary rewards, nor will they be reimbursed for any data usage. Please consider the actual improvement of game as the reward for participating the program.
- Please pay attention to your surroundings and play safely. Niantic disclaims all liabilities for any property damage or personal injury that may occur during your participation in the field test.
- The testing registration and account are personal and are not transferable to any other person. Field testers are prohibited from gifting, lending or exchanging the account.
Pokémon GO field testing expands to the United StatesMay 16, 2016
The Pokémon Company and Niantic invite users to field test Pokémon GO in the United States of America. Users can visit http://pokemongo.nianticlabs.com to sign up. Please note that sign up doesn’t guarantee access to the field test. The Pokémon GO field test will give users the opportunity to share early feedback and help improve the Pokémon GO experience.
Thank you for your interest in Pokémon GO.
— The Pokémon GO Development Team
Eligible players in the United States are currently being invited to participate in a field test for Pokémon GO. The Pokémon GO field test will give users the opportunity to share early feedback and help improve the Pokémon GO experience. If you are interested in participating, visithttp://pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/ to register for an invitation. Note that registration does not guarantee access to the field test.
Visit Pokemon.com/GO for more info on Pokémon GO!
Travel between the real world and the virtual world of Pokémon with Pokémon GO for iPhone and Android devices! With Pokémon GO, you’ll discover Pokémon in a whole new world—your own! Pokémon GO will use real locations to encourage players to search far and wide in the real world to discover Pokémon.
The Pokémon video game series has used real-world locations such as the Hokkaido and Kanto regions of Japan, New York, and Paris as inspiration for the fantasy settings in which its games take place. Now the real world will be the setting!
Get on your feet and step outside to find and catch wild Pokémon. Explore cities and towns around where you live and even around the globe to capture as many Pokémon as you can. As you move around, your smartphone will vibrate to let you know you’re near a Pokémon. Once you’ve encountered a Pokémon, take aim on your smartphone’s touch screen and throw a Poké Ball to catch it. Be careful when you try to catch it, or it might run away! Also look for PokéStops located at interesting places, such as public art installations, historical markers, and monuments, where you can collect more Poké Balls and other items.
In Pokémon GO, you will gain levels as a Trainer, and at higher levels you will be able to catch more powerful Pokémon to complete your Pokédex. You’ll also have access to more powerful items, such as Great Balls, to give you a better shot at catching Pokémon. Keep exploring and encountering Pokémon to raise your level!
There are other ways to add Pokémon to your roster, too. If you catch the same species of Pokémon enough times, you’ll get the opportunity to evolve one of them. And as you explore, you may find Pokémon Eggs at PokéStops, which will hatch after you’ve walked a certain distance. When they hatch, you may find Pokémon you’ve never seen before!
Some wild Pokémon will appear only in certain places near where you live or around the world. For example, some Water-type Pokémon may appear only near lakes and oceans. If you’re away from home, be sure to stay alert for Pokémon you wouldn’t normally encounter!
At a certain point in the game, you’ll be asked to join one of three teams. Once you join a team, you’ll gain the ability to assign Pokémon you’ve caught to empty Gym locations or to a location where a team member has placed one of his or her Pokémon. Like PokéStops, Gyms can be found at real locations in the world. Each player can place only one Pokémon at a particular Gym, so you’re encouraged to work with others on the team to build up a strong defense.
If a Gym is already claimed by another team, you can challenge that Gym using your own Pokémon. Using the Pokémon you’ve caught, engage in battle with the defending Pokémon at the Gym to claim control.
A wide variety of challenges are available that highlight many different categories, such as catching Pokémon and exploration. By completing these challenges, you’ll unlock achievement medals that will appear in your player profile. Try your best to unlock as many medals as you can!
A portable device called the Pokémon GO Plus will enable Pokémon GO players to enjoy the game even while they’re not looking at their smartphones. The device connects to a smartphone via Bluetooth and notifies the player about events in the game—such as the appearance of a Pokémon nearby—using an LED and vibration. In addition, players can catch Pokémon or perform other simple actions by pressing the button on the device. Pokémon GO Plus will be available soon. Check back for more details.
Eligible players in the United States, Japan, Australia, and New Zealand are currently being invited to participate in a field test for Pokémon GO. The Pokémon GO field test will give users the opportunity to share early feedback and help improve the Pokémon GO experience.
Pokémon GO will be available for download at no charge on the App Store and Google Play. In-app purchases will also be available.
Stay tuned to Pokemon.com for more information about Pokémon GO!