another recipe from grandma for you all, and this time we have easy fruit hand pies or dessert tacos if you serve them on taco night like I did lol. 😉
Easy Fruit Pies
- mixing bowl
- A pot
- Rolling Pin
- Sheet tray
- Tbsp measure
- Stove top
- 6 Pears Individual pears, or equivalent of other fruit Can use any fruit you like.
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 3 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 Full Pie Dough, enough to make one normal pie top and bottom crusted can be homemade or store bought.
- 4 cups Water
- Preheat Oven to 375.
- Cut fruit into slices or small chunks, add to the pot with the water
- Add half cinnamon and sugar, bring to simmer until fruit is soft, fork tender.
- While fruit is simmering, divide pie dough into 8 balls, roll or press each out into small flat crust.
- Sprinkle crusts with half the remaining cinnamon and sugar. Also remove fruit from stove and strain the water, saving it for another project or as a drink, kinda like a cider.
- Working fast, add enough fruit to your pies to "fill" them then fold the crust over into a taco shape, you can press the ends tight to seal them or not.
- Bake them for about 5-7 mins, then flip and bake them for 3-6 mins on other side, to insure crust is fully cooked.
- Cool, and enjoy.