If you are like me then you might have your own grape vines, and you always might be trying to find ways to use them, well this is a tasty and easy way to turn them into grape juice without any special tools. Something that my grandma Bonnie taught me long ago and I wanted to share with everyone.
Easy Grape Juice By The Food G33K
- 2 Pots
- Wooden Spoon
- Stove/cooking burner
- tablespoon measuring spoon
- Jug for storing juice
- 5 lbs fresh grapes
- Water For cleaning and for cooking
- 2 tbsp Grape Jelly or Jam Optional
- 4-6 tbsp Sugar or sugar substitute Optional
- Clean fresh grapes by submerging in cold water or running cold water over them.
- Take grapes of the stems, massage them with your fingers over the pot starting at the top of the stem and working down.
- Cover cleaned grapes with fresh hot water, just enough to submerge them.
- Simmer grapes over medium-high heat on a stove or burner until the skins start to split.
- If you want your juice to be sweetened, add either 2 tbsp of grape jelly or jam; or add 4-6 tbsp of sugar or sugar substitute. ** This step we recomend sampling your juice as is before doing, depnding on the ripness and type of grpae they may be sweet to begin with, so sweeten to taste.
- Remove from heat and mash the grapes with your masher until well mashed up and then return to heat. BE CAREFUL IT IS HOT!!!!
- Simmer for another 5 mins and remove from heat.
- Using a strainer or cheesecloth, strain your grape mash and juice into the second pot. IT WILL BE HOT!!! BE CAREFUL! Also you may have to stir the mash as it is straining to help the juice flow out.
- When juice has cooled off enough your jug, or container can hold it poor the juice into it and store in fridge while you enjoy it.