With times tuff and bread being in high demand you are lucky to find any. So today we are sharing our recipe for a fast simple bread that can be made in a machine or without!
Easy Soft Bread
- 1 Cup Hot water Hot enough to activate the yeast, but not to hot to kill it.
- 2.5-3 Tsp Yeast Dry active or bread machine or any fast-acting yeast.
- 3 TBS Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Oil Oliv Oil preferably, but any will work!
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 3-4 Cups Flower Will need 3 Cups standard or for a machine, may need more if hand mixing and baking in the oven.
Proofing the yeast
- Mix the hot water, yeast, and the sugar together in a bowl, or your bread machine and let sit for 5-10 mins or until the yeast is activated and frothy.
Mixing The bread
- If using a bread machine add remaining ingredients and set your machine for the basic white bread setting of your choice and let run.
If using the oven and bread pan, preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- If using an oven, add 2 cups of the flour to the activated yeast mixture, and mix well.
- Then add the salt, and remaining cup of flour and mix until ball forms, if the dough is to sticky add in 1/4 cup of flour at a time until it is not sticky.
- Knead the dough for about 3 minutes or until the dough is soft and mix thoroughly.
Rising the Dough
- Place the bread dough in the pan and let rise until doubled, roughly 20 minutes.
- Place bread in preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes