This March 12th & 13th Sac Comic-Con is going to be bring lots fun such as the costume contest, card tournament, video game and video rooms and lots more. As always with their events we can expect lots of great guest such as PAIGE O’HARA, John Kricfalusi, STEVE DOWNES and many more. Ticket are presale $10 for the weekend or $10 for Saturday and $8 on Sunday.
12:00pm Paige O’Hara Q&A
1:30pm John K Q&A
3:00pm Jon Schnepp Q&A
4:30pm James O’Barr Q&A
10:30am Steve Downes Q&A
12:00pm Veronica Taylor Q&A
1:30pm Aaron Alexovich & Rikki Simons Q&A
4:30pm Costume Contest
Panel Room 1
10:30 am Acting And Stunts with Nick King
12:00 pm Steve Englehart Q&A
1:30 pm Storyboarding with Brandon McKinney
3:00 pm TBA
10:30 am Portfolio review with Renee Witterstaetter
12:00 pm TBA
1:30 pm Tim Bradstreet Q&A
3:00 pm Costume Contest Sign Ups
Tournaments begin in the back room at about 11am.
For more info email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tournaments courtesy of A & B Comics.
Tournaments free with admission to the show.
Sac-Con’s Costume Contest is open to all ages and skill levels. So grab your comics, toys, video game, or anime inspired costumes, and strut your stuff on the stage!
Sign-Ups and judging will be held at 3:00pm on Sunday, with the on-stage portion of the contest beginning at 4:30pm. We will only have room for a limited amount of contestants, so don’t miss out!
The costume contest will be limited to 30 entries, on a first come, first serve basis. Entries may be individuals or groups. (Group entries will be judged as an entire group, so members of the group will not be eligible for individual awards.) Craftsmanship Judging will be done immediately after sign-up, so please arrive in costume.
After judging is complete, all contestants will be allowed to either present a short skit, or pose on stage as their character. After which, the contest winners will be announced, and prizes will be awarded.
10:30 am Invader Zim: The Nightmare Begins, Bestest Friend & NanoZim (60min)
11:30 am The Ren & Stimpy Show: Big House Blues & Stimpy’s Big Break (60min)
12:30 pm “The Death of Superman Lives” What Happened? Documentary (104 min)
Q&A with Schnepp at 3:00pm in Main Events.
2:30 pm The Crow (101 min)
Q&A with O’Barr at 4:30pm, in Main Events. THIS IS RATED R
10:00 am Ultraman Ginga S (live action) (60 min)
11:00 am Lupin the 3rd Part 4 (60 min)
12:00 pm Erased (60 min)
01:00 pm Toriko (60 min)
02:00 pm Konosuba (60 min)
03:00 pm Phantasy Star Online 2: The Animation (60 min)
04:00 pm Digimon Adventure tri (60 min)
(All Anime viewing programming courtesy of CrunchyRoll)
Video Game Room
REGISTRATION / SIGN UP
Entry Fee = See Game
Registration time = All Day!
Tournament start time = First Game starts at 10:40am
- All tournaments are single elimination unless otherwise noted!
- Be aware that tournament times are subject to change. Checking in early with tournament organizers is recommended!
- Registration is All DAY!
- There are NO REFUNDS for the tournament entry fees. The ONLY exception is if the tournament itself is canceled due to unforeseen events or insufficient entries.
- If there’s any legitimate dispute within the tournament, please notify a Tournament Judge.
- You MUST show up to your match when your name is announced or at the posted time for your round. Failure to do so may result in disqualification without refund.
- Violation of rules may result in disqualification without refund. Other disciplinary actions may result as well.
- Any participants caught cheating will be immediately disqualified without a refund.
- Destruction of Once Upon a Video Game or tournament participant property will result in disqualification and possible fees.Xbox 360 (Ultra Street Fighter IV)
$5.00 PER Sign up. Amount due at time of sign up.
1ST PLACE = $10.00 Cash
- Each match of the tournament will be played to the best of three (3) fights
- Each fight will be set to a best of 3 Rounds – first to 2. (Default)
- Finals will be played to a best of three (3) Fights.
- Round timer will be set to Default
- Environment stage must be chosen randomly or agreed by both players
- Pausing during the match means the loss of the round except in the case where both contestants agree.
- Custom control pre-setting is allowed before matches begin and must inform other player of such.
- Controllers will be supplied by Tournament Organizers
- Personal pads are allowed, the contestant must agree that all equipment will be subject to inspection by Once Upon a Video Game staff prior to the participation. “Turbo” function must be turned off!Nintendo Wii U (Super Smash Bros. For Wii U)
Entry Fee: $5.00 PER Sign up. Amount due at time of sign up.
1ST PLACE = $10.00 Cash
DEFAULT STAGE WILL BE FINAL DESTINATION UNLESS ALL PLAYERS AGREE ON ANOTHER STAGE
- All contestants will play a 4 player game winner takes all. You will receive 10 lives. You get one round at the game.
- ALL PLAYERS WILL USE A Wii U PRO CONTROLLER ON DEFAULT SET UP (Provided by tournament organizers.)
- If you would like “up to jump” off, select player W-Z. DO NOT CREATE A NEW NAME!
- NO AMIIBO’s OR CUSTOM CHARACTERS ALLOWED.
- Stalling is banned. (Stalling is defined as any action that deliberately avoids all conflict as to make the game unplayable. Running from an opponent to get to a better position is not considered stalling, but using chain grabs infinitely against a wall beyond 300% or using Sonic’s Homing Attack repeatedly underneath the stage is.)
- Any action that prevents the game from continuing results in a forfeiture of the match for the offender.
- Some interactions (for example, interrupting a throw with a wind attack) can cause one character to become frozen until being hit. If this happens, the free character is expected to capitalize on this in a timely manner; a failure to do so is considered stalling.
- Pausing during the match means the loss of the round except in the case where all contestants agree.
- All Items will be turned OFFNintendo Tetris Point Challenge
First Try: $2.00
Additional Tries: $1.00
1ST PLACE = Half of the amount of entry fees given in CASH!
- Players will have 5 minutes. To score as many points as possible.
- If the player dies before the 5 minute mark. The player is done with that attempt and your score will be recorded.
- Players will start on level 0.
- Players will Use Style A
- 1st Place person will be posted ALL DAY above TV.
- If Your Score is beaten or you wish to just do better you may pay the “Additional Tries” fee and play again.
- You may retry as many times as you wish, at $1.00 per try.
- Winner is announced at 4:00pm. You must be present to receive your prize.
PLEASE SEE GAME SCHEDULE FOR TIMES & AVAILABILITYFREE PLAY AREA
The free play area of our game room will have many fun games to play! Some examples of what will be available to play are…
Donkey Kong Country
Quackshot: Starring Donald Duck
“Plus many more!”
Free Play Rules
- Destruction of Once Upon a Video Game or any participants property will result in possible fees.
- We ask that you treat the staff, volunteers, and attendees with the same kindness and respect as you would want for yourself.
- Wristbands must be clearly visible at all times.
- Modifying the Settings of a Game or Gaming Console is prohibited.
- Please be aware that we won’t be responsible for any lost items in the game room, so please be cautious of your belongings. If you think your items are lost, please contact us or lost and found about it.
- Please treat the Gaming Room equipment with respect. Please refrain from stealing, throwing or removing the controllers, touching the consoles (including turning them on or off) or memory cards, slapping the TV’s, etc.
- Lines must be formed to keep the order of who goes next in check. Make sure you know your spot.
- No food or drinks allowed.
- No Profanity. This is a family-oriented con.
- Physical harassment (i.e. fighting, wrestling) will not be tolerated!
- The Gaming Room has a limited capacity. As a result, we sometimes may need to ask some of the attendees to leave the room, or prevent attendees from entering the room until more space is available. We apologize if this becomes an issue, but we are trying to provide a safe and comfortable room for everyone.
All the above information was taken from the website on March 3rd, and is subject to change as the site still is not fully updated to this event information yet.