Check out this perfect awesome “Star Trek TNG Bluetooth® ComBadge” from ThinkGeek.
ANSWER ALL YOUR CALLS WITH THE WORD “GO”
We’ve had a screen-accurate prop replica ST:TNG badge in our closet for a while. The only thing it was missing was the ability to emit the classic communicator chirp sound effect when we pressed it.
And then we found out an audio company is making a fully-functioning officially-licensed communicator badge. Behold the Star Trek TNG Bluetooth® ComBadge. It hooks up to your phone or device via Bluetooth® and has a built-in microphone for hands-free calling. Once connected, one touch answers/ends calls, plays/pauses audio, or accesses Siri, Google Now, or Cortana. And, of course, a touch plays that classic communicator sound effect. Warning: you’re going to want to keep the micro-USB charging cable handy right after you receive this, because making it chirp is well-nigh irresistible.
And don’t forget to sign off, “[Your name here] out.”
- Star Trek TNG Bluetooth® ComBadge
- Officially-licensed Star Trek: The Next Generation merchandise
- Plays classic communicator chirp sound effect when you press it
- Connects to your phone or device via Bluetooth®
- Built-in microphone for hands-free calling
- High quality micro-speakers by Massive Audio
- Once connected, one touch answers/ends calls, plays/pauses audio, or accesses Siri, Google Now, or Cortana
- Play/pause music functionality
- Not, however, Majel Barrett
- Wireless Range: 33 ft.
- Drivers: Neodymium magnet
- Frequency Response: 200Hz – 20KHz
- Signal to Noise Ratio: >80dB
- Materials: ABS and zinc shell
- Attaches using magnets so you don’t have to make holes in your clothes
- Batteries: Rechargeable Lithium-ion (one charge lasts 10 hours)
- Charges via micro-USB cable (included)
- Auto shut off feature (when not connected to Bluetooth) after 30 minutes to preserve battery life
- Micro-USB Port: DC5V, 350-400mA
- Dimensions: 1.65″ wide x 2.08″ tall x 0.36″ deep
- Includes ComBadge and micro-USB charging cable
- Manufactured by FameTek
- Subject to change pending licensor approval.