Monty Python and the Holy Grail is perhaps the greatest comedy movie to ever grace the silver screen. If not that, then at least the most-quoted. Now, 40 years after it first appeared and taught the world about the airspeed velocity of unladen swallows (European swallows, of course, since African swallows are non-migratory), a 40th anniversary box set is on its way, complete with special features, deleted scenes, oh, and a miniature cow catapult.
Yes, the box comes with a miniature catapult, and an assortment of little rubber animals to launch from it. If that’s not enough to get you excited, it also includes the following:
– Letters from co-directors Terry Jones and Terry Gilliam
– New Q&A with the Pythons recorded at the 2015 Tribeca Film Festival, hosted by John Oliver
– Commentaries by Terry Gilliam, Terry Jones, John Cleese, Eric Idle, and Michael Palin
– Outtakes and extended scenes with introduction by Terry Jones
– Lost animations with introduction by Terry Gilliam
– How to Use Your Coconuts (An Educational Film)
Diehard Monty Python fans (and those not so diehard as well) most likely already own the DVD, but this new set comes with much more to offer, making it worth the $50 price tag. So there’s only one thing left to say: “Fetchez la vache!”
And you can check out the Pythons showing off the catapult below. Afterwards, you can pre-order the blu-ray off Amazon here.