Long Beach Comic Expo and Long Beach Comic Con will partner with GeekFest Film Fests in 2015 to become the exclusive Los Angeles area venue to host the full slate of programming for the world’s 1st traveling film fest of “geek” films. The partnership will begin at next year’s Long Beach Comics Expo, which will be held February 28, 2015 & March 1, 2015 at Long Beach Convention Center.
“We’re excited to bring the full slate of GeekFest Film Fest films exclusively to the Los Angeles area at Long Beach Comic Expo and Con,” said Bill Ostroff, GeekFest Film Fests creator. “We’ve personally seen amazing growth in the con and its commitment to indie artists of all types. These shows have a great venue, room for growth and a forward thinking vision. We can’t wait to celebrate these indie geek genre films with this passionate audience.”
The GeekFest Film Fest at LBCE will culminate in a ‘best of’ screening voted by the audiences, followed by an award ceremony and prizes valued at over $2,500 for the top film. GeekFest will be also exhibit on the convention floor, where fans can meet directors, actors, producers and chat with filmmakers one-on-one, pick up swag, and get info on upcoming GeekFest events around the country.
GeekFest Film Fests at Long Beach Comic Expo will include:
- The award-winning feature film Post Human Project
- The award-winning gaming documentary Good Game
- The short films Valiant starring Camden Toy, The Visitant starring Doug Jones and Amy Smart, the multi-award-winning short film, Far
- Fan films like Star Wars: The Holo Experience, Red Shirts and Kirk vs Picard
- Horror films Carolina Parakeet, Deal Travis In and Vivienne Again
- Web series Progress the Series, Timekeeper and Caper Series, Exec-Produced produced by Felicia Day
“We look forward to hosting GeekFest Film Fests at Long Beach in the coming years,” said Martha Donato, Executive Director of Long Beach Comic Con & Expo. “The diverse slate of genre films is a great fit for our fans.”
Information on our Call for Entries for YEAR 2:
Bigger Cons, More Cities, Larger Prizes!!