Wizards of the Coast has revealed a new sourcebook, bringing together new character options, subclasses, spells, and more. The new book “Tasha’s Cauldron of Everything,” is set for a November release, and will be accompanied by a new worldwide event.
Tasha’s Cauldron of Everything
According to the announcement, “Tasha’s Cauldron of Everything” features “bits and bobs of precious lore” gathered by Tasha, a wizard known for spells like “Hideous Laughter.” This includes:
- Expanded sub-class options. Notably, this includes new options for Artificers, which implies the class will be brought from Eberron into the Forgotten Realms.
- New class features, which appears to be different from sub-class options, likely including variant options presented for playtesting in Unearthed Arcana.
- New feats.
- New rules for modifying racial traits, as Wizards of the Coast has promised to allow for greater customization of character races to better reflect individuality.
- New spells.
- New magic items.
- The introduction of magic tattoos, which were previously tested in Unearthed Arcana.
- Expanded rules options such as sidekicks, environments, parlaying with monsters, and Session Zero guidance.
- New traps and puzzles for DMs to throw at their players.
Overall, this presents a number of new options for players and Dungeon Masters alike, similar to “Xanathar’s Guide to Everything.” Given how well-received “Xanathar’s Guide” was among D&D players, hopes are high for “Tasha’s Cauldron.”
At the same time, Wizards of the Coast also announced a new event: D&D Celebration. The event will be held online from September 18-20, connecting to the release of “Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden.”
For players, there will be a number of adventures to play over the internet, including two-hour adventures for level 1-4 characters and a new Adventurers League Epic. Players will be able to preview new content form “Tasha’s Cauldron of Everything.”
Celebration will also feature a number of online panels and play sessions. The guests and panelists have not been announced.
All proceeds from the event, including t-shirt sales, will be donated to Extra Life.
Players can sign up for games on the Wizards of the Coast event portal here.
“Tasha’s Cauldron of Everything” will be released November 17, 2020 and will retail for $49.95. Check with your friendly local game store to reserve a copy.