Thanksgiving is all about spending time and having fun with family and friends. After eating a delicious turkey meal, what better way to change that tryptophan into a trip-to-fun than with an after-dinner serving of Nintendo? Starting this Thanksgiving weekend, Nintendo is offering a wide range of fantastic deals on both Wii U and Nintendo 3DS that are sure to make this Thanksgiving holiday one to remember.
“This year, there is a dizzying amount of affordable Nintendo options for any holiday shopper looking to stock up on fun gifts for family and friends, and if there is ever a question of why shoppers should choose Wii U and Nintendo 3DS this holiday season, the answer is simple: Because it’s Nintendo.” – Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America’s executive vice president of Sales & Marketing.
Each of the following deals will provide everyone with an extra helping of fun this Thanksgiving weekend:
Thanksgiving Weekend Deals
• A Deal So Great It’s Scary: A Cobalt Blue Nintendo 3DS system that comes installed with the well-received Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon game will sell at a suggested retail price of $169.99. (Nov. 28)
• Walmart Black Friday Deal: Walmart will be offering a deal on the new Nintendo 2DS hand-held system at only $99.96. (Nov. 28)
• Target Black Friday Deal: At Target, shoppers can pick up a Nintendo 3DS XL system for just $149.99. (Nov. 29)
• Wii U and 3DS eShop Discounts: Character-themed sales have been running in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS and Wii U throughout the month of November. Over Thanksgiving weekend, a large selection of games starring some of Nintendo’s most beloved characters will be on sale. Visit http://www.nintendo.com/eshop/offers for more information.
• Multiplayer Fun Over the Long Thanksgiving Weekend: The uproariously fun multiplayer game Nintendo Land f or Wii U comes packaged with a fun, green Luigi-themed Wii Remote Plus controller at a suggested retail price of $59.99. (Dec. 2)
• A Mario and Luigi Thanksgiving: A new Mario and Luigi Wii U Deluxe Set that comes packaged with both New Super Mario Bros. U and New Super Luigi U games on one disc is now available at the low suggested retail price of $299.99.
• Burn Off Those Thanksgiving Calories for Free: Running through the end of January, Wii U owners who also own a Wii Balance Board accessory can download a monthlong trial version of the full Wii Fit U game for free on Nintendo eShop. Users can keep Wii Fit U for as long they like by purchasing and syncing a Fit Meter accessory. A Fit Meter has many features of modern activity meters and is available at a suggested retail price of only $19.99.
• Compete with Wii Sports Club: There is nothing more fun than playing a round of tennis or bowling with family and friends in Wii Sports Club, now available as individual downloads exclusively in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U. In the coming months, Wii Sports Club will include three other sports from the original Wii Sports – baseball, boxing and golf. All sports feature HD graphics, enhanced controls and new features, such as community clubs. With a broadband Internet connection, players can be registered to state or regional clubs and will be able to send messages to one another via Miiverse during matches. With the addition of online multiplayer, users can even play Wii Sports Club with family members that can’t make it home for the holidays. Wii U owners who download Wii Sports Club will get a free trial pass that will let them play any available sports for a 24-hour period from when the Wii Sports Club game was started. Once the trial period ends, players can purchase a Day Pass for $1.99 in the Nintendo eShop to play all available sports for a 24-hour period, or can buy permanent access to individual sports for $9.99 each.
For more information about Nintendo, visit http://www.nintendo.com.
Remember that Wii U and Nintendo 3DS feature parental controls that let adults manage the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu and http://www.nintendo.com/3ds.